- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
In places of hot climate, it is advised that the outer walls of houses be painted white. Explain.
In places of hot climate, it is advised that the outer walls of houses be painted white. The reason behind this is as follows-
Heat absorption and reflection by different colored objects-
Dark-colored objects absorb the most heat and reflect the least amount of heat. Light-colored objects, on the other hand, absorb the least heat and reflect the most.
As white color does not absorb heat or absorb a very less amount of heat and it reflects heat. Due to the property of less heat absorption and more reflection, the temperature of white-colored objects remains lower than the temperature of other colored objects. A house painted white will absorb the least amount of heat produced by sunlight and reflect the most. Due to this, the temperature inside the house will not increase much during the summer season.
So it is advised that the outer walls of the house should be painted white so that the house does not heat up so much.
- Can it be said that the novel Oliver Twist is the fittest example of Victorian fiction?
- Explain the format of trial balance and how it is prepared
- Is it true that if I dye my hair they will grow white even faster?
- How is climate change affecting ecosystem on earth?
- 4 mobile computing trends that are hot right now
- Walls and Gates in C++
- What is SciPy in Python? Explain how it can be installed, and its applications?
- Is it true that the color of our eyes indicates our health condition?
- Hot Standby Mode
- Get the Outer product of two arrays in Python
- Why is Bhangarh one of the most haunted places in India?
- How can Tensorflow be used to export the model so that it can be used later?
- How to set the range that is considered to be of high value in HTML?
- Get the Outer product of two multidimensional arrays in Python
- Return the outer product of two masked arrays in Numpy
- Usage of white-space property in CSS