- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
If Zeba were younger by 5 years than what she really is, then the square of her age (in years) would have been 11 more than five times her actual age. What is her age now?
If Zeba were younger by 5 years than what she really is, then the square of her age (in years) would have been 11 more than 5 times her actual age.
We have to find her present age.
Let the present age of Zeba be $x$ years.
Age of Zeba if she was 5 years younger$=x-5$ years
According to the question,
Solving for $x$ by factorization method, we get,
$x-14=0$ or $x-1=0$
$x=14$ or $x=1$
Zeba\'s age cannot be $1$ year. Therefore, the value of $x$ is $14$.
The present age of Zeba is $14$ years.
- How to look younger than your age?
- My friend met with a terrible accident and it damaged her face. She feels so heartbroken. How to make her happy?
- What is Rule of Five in C++11?
- Who is Rapunzel? What's her story?
- How to calculate age in years from birthdate in MySQL?
- How can we find the employees from MySQL table whose age is greater than say 30 years, providing the only date of birth on the table?
- My wife is struggling to fulfill her dreams post marriage, how can I support her?
- What would happen if there were no Moon?
- Is Microsoft more successful than Apple?
- How can a lady prepare the budget for her house in order to save more?
- What would you do if you were the Prime Minister of India?
- Where do you like to see yourself after five years from now?
- The Bharata Ratna M.S.SubbuLakshmi - Her life is a lesson to all