- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How will you handle alerts in Selenium with python?
We can handle alerts in Selenium with the help of numerous APIs. The alerts are basically the browser popups that are triggered for either dismissing or accepting the data entered.
All these actions are performed by Selenium with the help of class selenium.webdriver.common.alert.Alert(driver). It has the methods to extract the text on a particular alert, accepting and dismissing these pop ups of the browser.
Selenium alert methods are listed below −
accept() – This method accepts an alert pop up.
a = Alert(driver) a.accept()
dismiss() – This method dismisses an alert pop up.
a = Alert(driver) a.dismiss()
send_keys(value) – This method keys in text on alert pop up.
a = Alert(driver) a.send_keys("Yes")
text – This method extracts text from the alert pop up.
a = Alert(driver) print(a.text)
switch_to.alert – This method switches focus to alert.
a = driver.switch_to.alert
Code Implementation with alert methods.
from selenium import webdriver from selenium.webdriver.common.alert import Alert #browser exposes an executable file #Through Selenium test we will invoke the executable file which will then #invoke actual browser driver = webdriver.Chrome(executable_path="C:\\chromedriver.exe") # to maximize the browser window driver.maximize_window() #get method to launch the URL driver.get("https://www.tutorialspoint.com/selenium/selenium_automation_practice.htm") #to refresh the browser driver.refresh() #click on submit button driver.find_element_by_xpath("//button[@name='submit']").click() # alert object creation and switching focus to alert a = driver.switch_to.alert # accept the alert a.accept() driver.close()
- How to Handle alerts in Selenium?
- How to handle web based alerts in Selenium?
- How will you travel from child to parent with xpath in Selenium with python?
- How to handle frames in Selenium with python?
- How to handle child windows in Selenium with python?
- How will you explain Python Operator Overloading?
- How will you select an option from a static dropdown in Selenium?
- How to handle frames in Selenium Webdriver in Python?
- How will you explain Python namespaces in easy way?
- How will you compare namespaces in Python and C++?
- How you will create your first program in Python?
- How to handle frames in Selenium?
- Handling Alerts with Cypress
- Handle Firefox Not Responding While Using Selenium WebDriver With Python?
- How will you compare modules, classes and namespaces in Python?