- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How will you get all the options in a static dropdown?
We can obtain all the options in a dropdown in Selenium. All the options in the dropdown are stored in a list data structure. This is achieved with the help of options() which is a method under Select class.
options() returns list of all options under the select tag. An empty list is returned if the dropdown is not identified on the page with the help of any of the locators.
d = Select(driver.find_element_by_id("selection")) o = d.options()
Code Implementation for getting all options in dropdown.
from selenium import webdriver from selenium.webdriver.support.select import Select #browser exposes an executable file #Through Selenium test we will invoke the executable file which will then #invoke actual browser driver = webdriver.Chrome(executable_path="C:\chromedriver.exe") # to maximize the browser window driver.maximize_window() #get method to launch the URL driver.get("https://www.tutorialspoint.com/tutor_connect/index.php") #to refresh the browser driver.refresh() #select class provide the methods to handle the options in dropdown d = Select(driver.find_element_by_xpath("//select[@name='seltype']")) #store the options in a list with options method l = d.options #to count the number of options and print in console print(len(l)) #to get all the number of options and print in console for i in l: print(i.text) #to close the browser driver.close()
- Related Articles
- How to get all the options in the dropdown in Selenium?
- How will you deselect an option from a static dropdown?
- How to get all options of a dropdown using Python Selenium webdriver?
- How to verify if we can select multiple options in a static dropdown in Selenium?
- Highlighting Dropdown Options in ReactJS
- How to select a value from a static dropdown in Selenium?
- How to select an option in a static dropdown in Selenium?
- Static Dropdown verification with Cypress
- How will you select a particular value in a dropdown without using the methods of Select class in Selenium?
- Take screenshot of the options in dropdown in selenium c#.