- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to invoke the Chrome browser in Selenium with python?
We can invoke any browsers with the help of the webdriver package. From this package we get access to numerous classes. Next we have to import the selenium.webdriver package. Then we shall be exposed to all the browsers belonging to that package.
For invoking chrome browser, we have to select the Chrome class. Then create the driver object of that class. This is the most important and mandatory step for browser invocation.
Every chrome browser gives an executable file. Through Selenium we need to invoke this executable file which is responsible for invoking the actual chrome browser.
Next we need to download the chrome driver version as per our browser version. The path of the chromedriver.exe file needs to be added in the executable file. Then we need to use the get () method to launch our application in that particular browser.
from selenium import webdriver #browser exposes an executable file #Through Selenium test we will invoke the executable file which will then #invoke actual browser driver = webdriver.Chrome(executable_path="C:\chromedriver.exe") # to maximize the browser window driver.maximize_window() #get method to launch the URL driver.get("https://www.tutorialspoint.com/index.htm") #to refresh the browser driver.refresh() #to close the browser driver.close()
- How to invoke the Firefox browser in Selenium with python?
- How to invoke the IE browser in Selenium with python?
- How to launch Chrome Browser via Selenium?
- How to avoid the pop-up window in chrome browser with Selenium?
- How to run Selenium tests on Chrome Browser using?
- Running chrome browser in inconginto Mode in Selenium
- How to take care of SSL certificate issues in chrome browser in Selenium?
- Using the Selenium WebDriver - Unable to launch chrome browser on Mac
- How to close a browser session in Selenium with python?
- How to open a link in new tab of chrome browser using Selenium WebDriver?
- How to open chrome default profile with selenium?
- How to start selenium browser with proxy?
- How to perform back and refresh in a browser in Selenium with python?
- Is there any way to load an extension in chrome browser using Selenium Webdriver?
- How to mute all sounds in chrome webdriver with selenium?