- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to install the PowerShell Active Directory module?
To install the active directory module using PowerShell, you need Remote Server Administrator Tools (RSAT) on the server. It should be available in the Roles and Features section of the windows server operating system as shown below and you can enable it from the GUI as well.
If you can’t find the RSAT then you can download it from the below location, appropriate to your OS version.
Once you have the RSAT tool available in your system, you can use the PowerShell command to enable this feature. To get the Active Directory tools features available in the system, use the below command.
We need RSAT-AD-Tools on the windows system and we will include all sub-features. You can also other AD tools as per your requirement.
Get-WindowsFeature RSAT-AD-Tools | Install-WindowsFeature -IncludeAllSubFeature
You can confirm if the AD tool is installed properly or not by running the dsa.msc command from Run or PowerShell Console. It will open AD MMC.
To install this feature on the remote computer, you can use -ComputerName parameter as shown in the below example,
Install-WindowsFeature RSAT-AD-Tools -ComputerName Test1-Win2k16 - IncludeAllSubFeature
- How to install PowerShell Module?
- How to install the latest PowerShell module version?
- How to create bulk users in the active directory using PowerShell?
- How to install the specific version of the PowerShell module version?
- How to install MSI file to the custom directory using PowerShell?
- How to delete the Organizational Unit (OU) from the active directory using PowerShell?
- How to uninstall the PowerShell Module?
- How to install a Python Module?
- How to install the Nuget Package using PowerShell?
- How to install the MSI file using PowerShell?
- How to Install Azure PowerShell Cmdlets?
- How to list the directory content in PowerShell?
- How to install Python MySQLdb module using pip?
- How to install the MSI package using PowerShell DSC?
- How to Install Windows Features with PowerShell?