- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to find a good story for a novel?
If you manage to find a good story, your novel is made. It means, only when you complete the novel, will you have a good story. If you're thinking of a story before even starting to write the novel, it amounts to the same thing as putting the cart before the horse. Most novelists have a vague idea of how their story will develop when they begin writing a novel.
Know Its Matrix
Of course, you need to know the genre, the subject, the circumstances, the characters, and yes, the objective. A novel conveys a message to the audience. So what's the message that you want to convey to your audience? Remember, this is the highest level of fiction and at that level, you need to be as real as you possibly can although you need not necessarily be as factual.
Explore An Idea Up To Its Bottom
There are scores of very good novels written by some of the best writers of their time and there are so many that I have missed that it embarrasses me to even acknowledge it. Let's consider a very interesting novel titled 'Exodus' written by an author named Leon Uris. In many ways, it's one of the best works of fiction that tells you the story of the country we now know as Israel.
The amount of research that might have gone into the book can only be guessed but it takes you through the different stages of the formation of this country in such detail that you would be inclined to believe that it's a true story. The fact that I am making this assertion proves Uris has managed to convey his message very effectively.
Set A Backdrop and Kick Start
So, if you want to write a novel, instead of looking for a story right away, look for a subject. What is it that you want to write about? Maybe that's what you meant when you asked for a "good story" for your novel. Genre and subject are what you should first contemplate on before you can hope to begin writing your novel.
For instance, if history is an area of strength, pick up the theme of any historical city like Jaipur, Indore, Hyderabad or take a smaller historical town, like Alwar in Rajasthan or Murshidabad in West Bengal and identify your character immediately because, without a character, you just can't write a novel.
- Why is Wuthering Heights a classic Victorian novel?
- A Vitamin Required For Mantaing good eyesight
- How to be a good college student?
- C++ Program to Find a Good Feedback Edge Set in a Graph
- Program to find a good string from a given string in Python
- How can we find a good subset of the original attributes?
- Factors Determining Price Elasticity Of Demand For A Good
- Program to find maximum score of a good subarray in Python
- How To Pick Up A Good Youtube Channel Name?
- Is affiliate a good option for an online gaming platform?
- What are the considerations for creating a good Dividend Policy?
- Program to find number of good ways to split a string using Python
- How to make your teenage a good stepping stone to adulthood?
- How is running good for women's health?
- Tips to Write a Good Cover Letter