- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to connect Database in Python?
Most of the applications need to be integrated or connected with a database for performing certain relevant operations. The majority of projects require database connectivity to store certain data about the users. MySQL Database can be integrated with the Python applications.
To connect MySQL database, we need to have it installed on our system. We need MySQL Connector to establish connection with the database. We can install MySql Connector using the following command.
python –m pip install mysql-connector-python
This will install the MySQL Connector which is used to connect the python project or application to a database.
Create a connection
First of all, it is required to create a connection with the database. Later we can execute sql commands to perform certain database operations. The username and password of your sql database is used.
import mysql.connector mydatabase=mysql.connector.connect( host="localhost", user="your_user_name", password="your_password" database=”database_name” )
The connection to the database is made. The database name is included in the connect() when you need to connect to a specific database. Now, you can execute sql commands to perform database operations.
Create cursor object
The cursor object is created using the cursor() function. The cursor object is important to execute database queries.
import mysql.connector mydatabase=mysql.connector.connect( host="localhost", user="your_user_name", password="your_password" database=”database_name” ) mycsr=mydatabase.cursor()
Now, the connection is established and cursor object is created. We can execute any SQL query on this database now using execute() function.
- How to connect hibernate with MySQL Database?
- How to connect to Derby database using a JDBC program?
- How to connect to HSQLDB database using a JDBC program?
- How to connect to PostgreSQL database using a JDBC program?
- Connect to MySQL database from command line
- How to connect to an SQLite database using a JDBC program?
- How to connect to a MongoDB database using a JDBC program?
- Program to Connect a Forest in Python
- How to connect different AWS services using Boto3 library in Python?
- How to connect Java to MySQL?
- What should I prefer to connect to SAP HANA database- extended services or other ODBC technique?
- Program to find minimum cost to connect all points in Python
- How to connect to an SAP module?
- How to connect to SSH using PowerShell?
- How to build your own Sqlite database in Python