- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to add collaborators to a repository in GitHub?
Even if you have a public repository in GitHub, not everyone has the permission to push code into your repository. Other users have a read-only access and cannot modify the repository. In order to allow other individuals to make changes to your repository, you need to invite them to collaborate to the project.
The following steps should be performed to invite other team members to collaborate with your repository.
Step 1 − Click on the Settings tab in the right corner of the GitHub page.
Step 2 − Go to Manage Access option under the Settings tab. On the Manage Access page, you will see an Invite collaborator link as shown in the below diagram
Step 3 − You can Invite collaborators by any of the following options −
- Full name
After you send the invite, the collaborator receives an email invitation. The collaborator has to accept it in order to get permission to collaborate on the same project.
The Manage Access option also allows a repository owner to view the invitations that are pending and not accepted.
- Related Articles
- How to create a GitHub repository
- How to clone a GitHub repository?
- How to add an image to your README.md file in Git repository?
- How to Host Files using GitHub?
- How to Get GitHub Slack Integration?
- How to upload a project to GitHub from VS Code?
- How to download a Tarball from GitHub on Linux?
- How to ignore a previously committed file in Git repository?
- How to import csv file data from Github in R?
- How to remove a committed file from the Git repository?
- How to copy Docker images from one host to another without using a repository?
- Enabling GitHub OAuth in Django
- What is a Git Repository?
- Use of SAP HANA Repository to maintain objects
- How to add a layer in HTML?