- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How is ethene prepared from ethanol? Give the reaction involved in it.
Ethanol can be converted into ethene by the dehydration reaction.
The chemical equation for the reaction is given below:
$CH_3-CH_2OH → CH_2=CH_2 + H_2O$
When ethanol is heated with concentrated sulphuric acid at 170oC, ethanol gets dehydrated to form ethene, an unsaturated hydrocarbon.
Concentrated sulphuric acid acts as the dehydrating agent in this reaction.
- Explain the format of trial balance and how it is prepared
- How is the balance sheet prepared from trial balance?
- Is it possible to give arguments in the main() function in C language?
- How trial balance is prepared by using the totals method?
- How to select return value from MySQL prepared statement?
- Explain how trial balance is prepared by using the balances method
- What is the principle involved in the flight of an aircraft?
- What is the similarity between prepared statements and MySQL user variables?
- Armature Reaction in a DC Generator
- How trial balance is prepared by using balances and totals method?
- Assign an SQL result to variable from prepared statement in MySQL?
- Who is a Cracker and how is it different from Hacking?
- How can we use prepared statements in MySQL?
- Armature Reaction in Alternator or Synchronous Generator
- Give the object a sine wave distortion to make it look wave with CSS
- What is a smartwatch? How is it different from other wearable devices?