- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How is climate change affecting ecosystem on earth?
Climate is changing globally due to increased pollution and global warming. Changing climate affects ecosystems in a variety of ways. For example, due to global warming, many species are forced to migrate to higher latitudes or higher elevations where temperatures are more conducive to their survival.
The sea level is rising every day and due to this saltwater intrusion into a freshwater system is forcing many species to relocate or die and creating a disturbance in the existing ecosystem.
Climate changes can cause extreme weather conditions, with increased global temperature where mountain regions get a lot of snowfall and might be experiencing shorter winters and more rains.
Climate change causes the increase in Global Mean Sea Level (GMSL) and the rate of increase over the past 20years has been roughly 2X the average speed of preceding 80years. Increased erosion of coastal areas can cause beaches to disappear all-together. But remember 40% of the entire population lives within 100kms of the coast.
Climate change doesn't just affect the polar bears but people too. We are not separate from nature, so when climate changes affect ecosystems and our biosphere, it affects us.
Changing environmental conditions can cause the decline of local biodiversity. If this happens, the eco-systems resistance may decline, resulting in loss of stability in the ecosystem.
Ecosystems which serve as natural buffers from extreme events like such floods, drought, wildfires etc., when disturbed, will have restricted capacity to temper the impacts of extreme conditions. This may increase the vulnerability for more damage.
Change in the climate system and ecological conditions result in the spread of pathogens, parasites, and diseases. This may have serious effects on not only human health but also agriculture and fisheries.
Due to climate change, many species are not able to survive the changed weather conditions. Many species are becoming extinct as the ecosystem is losing balance. Ex. Sparrows have become extinct in many places due to global warming.
Many species for which the climate where they live influences key stages of their annual life cycle. Birds migrate in a particular season and when the season is delayed, the migration will also affect.
In the same way, the blooming of flowers, and reproduction in some species is altered due to deferred season's onset. As winters have become shorter and milder, the timing of these events has changed in some parts of the country.
- How internet use is affecting computer illiterates?
- What is Climate?
- What is Ecosystem ?
- The mass of the body on earth is $60 kg$, what is its weight on the earth and on moon.
- What is the strongest metal on Earth?
- What is an Ecosystem?
- How is technology affecting the lives of people with disabilities?
- The day is longer on the earth by about 4 minutes because:(a) the earth is round in shape (b) the earth rotates on its axis(c) the earth revolves around the sun (d) the earth has atmosphere
- How is the increasing demand for energy adversely affecting our environment?
- Everything is on earth and earth is continuously spinning, s. So technically the objects on it are also spinning. So how do we answer the question what is motion?
- The value of g on the surface of the moon:(a) is the same as on the earth (b) is less than that on the earth(c) is more than that on the earth (d) keeps changing day by day
- Define Climate.
- Why is the atmosphere much rarer on the moon than on the earth?
- Factors Affecting Memory Recall
- Factors Affecting Positive Health