Here is a recipe, which has No Onion, No Garlic - Salted vermicelli or namkeen seviya.
One can enjoy it anytime during the day. It is light, tasty and can be made super nutritious and colorful with a lot of veggies.
1. In a non-stick kadhai (deep bottom pan); add oil, mustard seeds. Allow mustard seeds to crackle.
2. Add thing, chana dal, urad dal, curry leaves, and peanuts. Keep stir frying continuously.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and green chillis. After sauteing them add carrots, peas, capsicum. Add all the spices with salt and cover the lid until the veggies are soft. Do not overcook.
4. In a separate pan, add vermicelli and roast them until light brown. You can also purchase already roasted vermicelli packet.
5. Add this vermicelli to the pan with perfectly done veggies. Keep stirring gently.
6. Add hot water to the mixture and stir continuously. Cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.7. Garnish with tomato ketchup and serve hot. You may also add lime juice for a citrus flavor.
1. Cook on a low-medium flame in order to avoid burning.
2. Deal gently else vermicelli may break.