- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can bubble charts be created using Matplotlib?
Matplotlib library is built upon Numpy. It is a Python library that is used to visualize data. It is a tree-like hierarchical structure which consists of objects that makeup each of these plots. A ’Figure’ in Matplotlib can be understood as the outermost storage for a graph. This ‘Figure’ can contains multiple ‘Axes’ objects. ‘Axes’ object is NOT the plural form of ‘Axis’ in this case.
‘Axes’ can be understood as a part of ‘Figure’, a subplot. It can be used to manipulate every part of the graph inside it. A ‘Figure’ object in Matplotlib is a box that stores one or more ‘Axes’ objects. Under ‘Axes’ comes the tick marks, lines, legends, and text boxes in the hierarchy. Every object in the Matplotlib can be manipulated. Let us see an example
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt import numpy as np x = np.random.rand(50) y = np.random.rand(50) z = np.random.rand(50) colors = np.random.rand(50) plt.scatter(x, y, s=z*2000,c=colors) plt.title("Bubble chart") plt.xlabel("x−axis") plt.ylabel("Y−axis") plt.show()
The required packages are imported and aliased.
The ‘rand’ function present in ‘random’ class is used to generate data.
The ‘title’, x label, and y label of the plot is defined.
The ‘scatter’ function is called by passing the data.
The show function is used to display the data on the console.
- Related Articles
- Plotting Pandas DataFrames in Pie Charts using Matplotlib
- Can energy be destroyed? Can energy be created ?
- How can a dataframe be created using a dictionary of Series in Python?
- How can matplotlib be used to create histograms using Python?
- How to display pie charts in Matplotlib Python?
- How to create waffle charts in Python Matplotlib?
- How can series be created using Numpy and passing index value explicitly in Python?
- Explain how series data structure in Python can be created using scalar/constant values?
- Explain how a quiver plot can be built using Matplotlib Python?
- Explain how a dataframe structure can be created using list of dictionary values in Python?
- How can Matplotlib be used to three-dimensional line plots using Python?
- How can Bokeh library be used to visualize stacked bar charts in Python?
- Explain how series data structure in Python can be created using dictionary and explicit index values?
- How to add group labels for bar charts in Matplotlib?
- How many ways a String object can be created in java?