- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can BeautifulSoup be used to extract ‘href’ links from a website?
BeautifulSoup is a third party Python library that is used to parse data from web pages. It helps in web scraping, which is a process of extracting, using, and manipulating the data from different resources.
Web scraping can also be used to extract data for research purposes, understand/compare market trends, perform SEO monitoring, and so on.
The below line can be run to install BeautifulSoup on Windows −
pip install beautifulsoup4
Following is an example −
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup import requests url = "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algorithm" req = requests.get(url) soup = BeautifulSoup(req.text, "html.parser") print("The href links are :") for link in soup.find_all('a'): print(link.get('href'))
The href links are : … https://stats.wikimedia.org/#/en.wikipedia.org https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cookie_statement https://wikimediafoundation.org/ https://www.mediawiki.org/
The required packages are imported, and aliased.
The website is defined.
The url is opened, and data is read from it.
The ‘BeautifulSoup’ function is used to extract text from the webpage.
The ‘find_all’ function is used to extract text from the webpage data.
The href links are printed on the console.
- How can BeautifulSoup package be used to extract the name of the domain of the website in Python?
- How to extract website name from their links in R?
- How can BeautifulSoup package be used to parse data from a webpage in Python?
- How can ‘placeholders’ in Tensorflow be used while multiplying matrices?
- How can titles from a webpage be extracted using BeautifulSoup?
- How can the ‘subplot’ function be used to create two graphs in Matplotlib Python?
- Python program to extract ‘k’ bits from a given position?
- Java program to extract ‘k’ bits from a given position
- How can I parse a website using Selenium and Beautifulsoup in python?
- What are all the ways keyword ‘this’ can be used in Java?
- How can the ‘Word2Vec’ algorithm be trained using Tensorflow?
- How can Keras be used to extract features from only one layer of the model using Python?
- How can data be represented visually using ‘seaborn’ library in Python?
- Explain how the top ‘n’ elements can be accessed from series data structure in Python?