- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Find out the false sentences.
(a) Golgi apparatus is involved with the formation of lysosomes
(b) Nucleus, mitochondria and plastid have DNA; hence they are able to make their own structural proteins
(c) Mitochondria is said to be the power house of the cell as ATP is generated in them
(d) Cytoplasm is called as protoplasm.
Correct Answer: (d) Cytoplasm is called as protoplasm.
The cytoplasm is the fluid in which all the components of the cell, outside of the nucleus and enclosed within the cell membrane are located.
Whereas, the protoplasm is the collection of the cell membrane, cytoplasm, and nucleus (without a cell wall). Therefore, the cytoplasm is the fluid part of the protoplasm.
- Related Articles
- Organelle other than nucleus, containing DNA is(a) endoplasmic reticulum(b) Golgi apparatus(c) mitochondria(d) lysosome.
- Kitchen of the cell is(a) mitochondria(b) endoplasmic reticulum(c) chloroplast(d) Golgi apparatus.
- Silver nitrate solution is used to study(a) endoplasmic reticulum(b) Golgi apparatus(c) nucleus(d) mitochondria.
- The only cell organelle seen in prokaryotic cell is(a) mitochondria(b) ribosomes(c) plastids(d) lysosomes.
- Why mitochondria is known as the powerhouse of the cell?
- The proteins and lipids, essential for building the cell membrane, are manufactured by,b>(a) rough endoplasmic reticulum(b) Golgi apparatus(c) plasma membrane(d) mitochondria.
- Organelle without a cell membrane is(a) ribosome(b) Golgi apparatus(c) chloroplast(d) nucleus.
- Write the functions performed by the following cell organelles:(a) Endoplasmic Reticulum(b) Golgi Complex(c) Nucleus(d) Chromoplasts(e) Vacuoles(f) Mitochondria
- The cell is enclosed by a thin outer boundary called(a) Cell membrane(b) Chromatin(c) Cytoplasm(d) Nucleus membrane
- During the deficiency of oxygen in tissues of human beings, pyruvic acid is converted into lactic acid in:(a) cytoplasm (b) chloroplast (c) mitochondria (d) golgi body
- Which of the following are covered by a single membrane?(a) Mitochondria(b) Vacuole(c) Lysosome(d) Plastid
- Out of the following terms, which term is related with inheritance of characters?(a) Cell wall and cell membrane(b) Chromosome and mitochondria(c) Chloroplast and cell membrane(d) Chromosome and genes
- What is the role of mitochondria?
- What is the functions of mitochondria?
- The organelle that controls all the activities in cell is(a) Nucleus(b) Vacuole(c) Plastids(d) Cytoplasm