- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which of the following are covered by a single membrane?
Correct Answer: (b) Vacuole and (c) Lysosome
Explanation:Plant vacuoles contain water and metabolic waste in large quantities.
Vacuoles are single membrane-bound cell organelle whose function in the plant cell is to maintain water balance and thereby help in managing cell size and turgor pressure.
Lysosomes are cell organelles found only in animal cells and were discovered by the Belgian cytologist Christian de Duve in 1949.
Lysosomes are filled with digestive enzymes capable of breaking the organic material.
Lysosomes attach to the foreign materials entering the cell and destroy them with the help of digestive enzymes. Similarly, lysosomes also act on the old or damaged cells.
As lysosomes help in removing the cell debris, they are also known as the suicidal bags of a cell, or cellular housekeepers, or scavengers, or demolition squads.
- Show that the following grammar is LR (1) S → A a |b A c |B c | b B a A → d B → d
- 8085 program to implement the following function (a*b) + (c*d)
- Find FIRST & FOLLOW for the following Grammar. S → A a A | B b B A → b B B → ε
- Program to find nth term of a sequence which are divisible by a, b, c in Python
- Find four elements a, b, c and d in an array such that a+b = c+d in C++
- Construct Quadruples, Triples, and Indirect Triples for the expression -(a + b) * (c + d) - (a + b + c)
- Find largest d in array such that a + b + c = d in C++
- Find all pairs (a,b) and (c,d) in array which satisfy ab = cd in C++
- C++ Program to Generate All Possible Combinations Out of a,b,c,d,e
- Find d to maximize the number of zeros in array c created as c[i] = d*a[i] + b[i] in C++
- Find the multiple of x which is closest to a^b in C++
- Larger of a^b or b^a in C++
- Find d to maximize the number of zeros in array c created as c[i] = d*a[i] + b[i] in Python
- C++ Program to Check if a Point d lies inside or outside a circle defined by Points a, b, c in a Plane
- Find N digits number which is divisible by D in C++
- Show that the whole compilation process for statement A = B * C + 20, where A, B, C are of real types