- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain the stages and their examples of database development lifecycle (DBMS)?
Let’s see the stages of database system life cycle (DDLC) and their facts using tabular form −
|Stage of Database system development Lifecycle||Example of Facts||Example of Documentation Produced|
|Database Planning||Aims and objectives of database projects.||Mission statements and objectives.|
|System Identification||Description of major user views (Job roles, business application areas).||Definition of scope and boundary of database system, definition of user views to be supported.|
|Requirements Collection and Analysis||Requirements of user views, system specifications, including performance and security requirements.||User requirement specification, system specification.|
|Database design||User’s responses to checking the logical database design, functionality provided by target DBMS.||Logical database design, data dictionary, physical database design.|
|Application Design||Users’ response to checking interface design.||Application design.|
|DBMS Selection||Functionality provided by target DBMS.||DBMS evaluation|
|Prototyping||User response to prototype.||Modified user requirement specification and system specification.|
|Implementation||Functionality provided by target DBMS.|
|Data conversion and loading||Format of current data, data import capability of target DBMS.|
|Testing||Test Results.||Testing strategies used,|
|Operational maintenance||Performance testing results, new or changing user and system requirements.||User manual, analysis of performance results, modified users requirements and system specification.|
- Types of DBMS Entities and their examples
- Explain the concept of DBMS schema with examples?
- What are the different phases of database development Life cycle (DBMS)?
- Explain the role of the Database Administrator in DBMS?
- Explain the concept of foreign keys with examples(DBMS)?
- Explain 5NF with examples in DBMS
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of DBMS?
- Please explain lifecycle of a JSP
- What is 1NF in DBMS? Explain with examples
- Explain the characteristics of DBMS?
- Explain the architecture of DBMS?
- Explain the components of DBMS?
- What are different database models? Explain their differences
- Explain attributes and the different types of attributes in DBMS?
- Explain Test Driven Development Framework.