- DBMS Tutorial
- DBMS - Home
- DBMS - Overview
- DBMS - Architecture
- DBMS - Data Models
- DBMS - Data Schemas
- DBMS - Data Independence
- Entity Relationship Model
- DBMS - ER Model Basic Concepts
- DBMS - ER Diagram Representation
- DBMS - Generalization, Aggregation
- Relational Model
- DBMS - Codd's Rules
- DBMS - Relational Data Model
- DBMS - Relational Algebra
- DBMS - ER to Relational Model
- DBMS- SQL Overview
- Relational Database Design
- DBMS - Database Normalization
- DBMS - Database Joins
- Storage and File Structure
- DBMS - Storage System
- DBMS - File Structure
- Indexing and Hashing
- DBMS - Indexing
- DBMS - Hashing
- Transaction And Concurrency
- DBMS - Transaction
- DBMS - Concurrency Control
- DBMS - Deadlock
- Backup and Recovery
- DBMS - Data Backup
- DBMS - Data Recovery
- DBMS Useful Resources
- DBMS - Quick Guide
- DBMS - Useful Resources
- DBMS - Discussion
Explain the role of the Database Administrator in DBMS?
A database administrator (DBA) is a person or group in charge of implementing DBMS in an organization. The DBA job requires a high degree of technical expertise. DBA consists of a team of people rather than just one person.
The primary role of Database administrator is as follows −
Responsibilities of DBA
The responsibilities of DBA are as follows −
Makes the decision concerning the content of the database.
Plans the storage structure and access strategy.
Provides the support to the users.
Defines the security and integrity checks.
Interpreter backup and recovery strategies.
Monitoring the performance and responding to the changes in the requirements.
Skills required for DBA
The skills required to be a successful DBA are as follows −
Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL).
Know about distributed architecture.
Knowledge on different operating servers.
Idea on Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
Ready to face challenges and solve the problems quickly.
The role of DBA is as shown below −
- Related Articles
- Explain the stages and their examples of database development lifecycle (DBMS)?
- Adding LCM Administrator role to a user profile in SAP HANA
- Explain the characteristics of DBMS?
- Explain the architecture of DBMS?
- Explain the components of DBMS?
- What is the difference between Network Administrator and System Administrator?
- Explain the concept of Normalization in DBMS?
- Explain the concept of recoverability in DBMS
- Explain the concept of indexing in DBMS
- Explain the components of the ER diagram in DBMS?
- Explain the use of delete command in DBMS
- Explain the concept of secondary index in DBMS
- Explain the logical operators in DBMS
- Explain the Network Model in DBMS?
- Explain the Relational Model in DBMS?