- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain about types of accounting and its golden rules.
61 Lectures 1 hours
43 Lectures 33.5 hours
There are 3 types of accounts
Real account − It relates assets and liabilities; it does not include people accounts. They carry forword every year.
Personal account − Connects individuals, firms and associations accounts.
Nominal account − Relates all income, expenses, losses and gains accounts.
Golden rules of accounting
- Debit the receiver, credit the giver
If a person gives something to a firm, it must be recorded as credit in the books of accounts. It is used as in personal accounts.
- If anything coming then Debit, if anything goes out then credit.
Real accounts consist of machinery, land and building etc. debit what comes in means it will add to the existing balance similarly, credit what goes means it will be deducted from the existence balance.
- all expenses and losses are to be debited, all incomes and gains are to be credited.
When a firm get a profit, it will credit all incomes and gains means it will increase firm’s capital. Similarly, by debiting expenses and losses means it will decrease its capital. These are used in nominal accounts.
|Type of account||Golden rules|
- Explain Merger and its types
- Explain acquisition and its types
- Explain about balance sheet in accounting.
- Explain about income statement in accounting.
- Explain about straight line depreciation in accounting.
- Explain about Double-declining balance method in accounting.
- What is definition of business finance and explain its types?
- Describe about systems of accounting.
- Explain accounting period in finance and accounting.
- What is Accounting? Different Types of Accounting
- Explain about single step income statement in accounting with example.
- What is an acquisition strategy and explain its types and elements?
- What are the golden rules for handling your money?
- Explain cash based accounting.
- What is the word OFFER and its rules?