- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Functional and Non-functional Testing.
As we know that testing is the most important stage in the process of delivery of any application or software as it is only testing which not only validates the quality of an application but also provides an opportunity to the developer to improve its product.
Every application is being developed as per the requirement of customer/client so on the basis of testing, the functionality of application based on these requirements and testing the usability and performance we can distinguish between Functional and Non-functional Testing.
Following are the important differences between Functional Testing and Non-Functional Testing.
|Sr. No.||Key||Functional Testing||Non-Functional Testing|
|1||Definition||Functional testing is the testing in which the basic functionality, operations and actions of the application/software on the basis of requirements provided is done.||On other hand during Non-Functional testing is the testing in which the performance or usability and behaviour of software/application is done under different circumstances.|
|2||Nature of testing||As name states Functional testing does the functional verification of application process in which the requirement and corresponding written code has been verified so nature of functional testing is business requirement testing.||Non-Functional testing on other hand does the behaviour validation and verification process which examines the expected behaviour of the application based on dynamic inputs provided to the application so nature of non-functional testing is performance testing.|
|3||Testing target||As mentioned above, Functional testing targets the requirements of customer.||On other Non-Functional testing targets the expectations of customer.|
|4||Prerequisite||For Functional testing check-list of application process and documentation is required.||On other hand for Non-Functional testing performance test cases with different scenarios for execution has been developed.|
|5||Stage of testing||Functional testing generally gets performed before compilation of code.||While Non-Functional testing is mostly performed after compilation of code.|
|6||Cost to Company||In Functional testing cost of finding defects and fixing is less, also return on investment will be high as this testing involved at an early stage.||On other hand in case of Non-Functional testing cost of finding and fixing defects is high and also return on investment will be low as this process involves after the development phase|
- What is Non-Functional Testing? Types with Example
- What is Functional Testing (Types & Examples)?
- Good example of functional testing a Python Tkinter application
- What is the role of test automation in functional testing?
- What is the difference between Imperative languages and Functional languages in compiler design?
- Functional Programming Languages
- Python Object-oriented and Functional Programming
- Functional dependency in DBMS
- Functional Programming in Python
- Explain about partial and fully functional dependency
- Difference between Agile Testing and Waterfall Testing.
- Difference between Software Testing and Embedded Testing
- Difference between Frontend Testing and Backend Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing.