- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between "fill" and "expand" options for tkinter pack method
Tkinter Pack Manager acts based on using the extra space within the parent widget. While packing a widget, we can specify whether the widget should shrink or fill in the entire screen. In order to enable the widget to grow in the entire window, we can use the 'fill' property. It helps to fill the widget in the screen by adding “x” as horizontal, “y” as vertical or “BOTH”.
Whenever we use expand(boolean) property, then we are generally resizing the widget size to expand in its available space. It takes boolean values as true or false. When the expand property is true for the widget, it means we can enable the grow property. On the other hand, if the expand property is set to false, it means we will disable the grow property of widgets.
#Import tkinter library from tkinter import * #Create an instance of tkinter frame win= Tk() #Set the Geometry win.geometry("750x250") #Create a Labelwin= Tk() Label(win, text= "Hey! There",font=('Helvetica 25 bold'), background= "burlywood1").pack(fill=BOTH, expand=1,padx=20,pady=20) win.mainloop()
Executing the above code snippet will display a full width text window.
Now, expand the screen a little bit to see the changes that the text adjusts its size in the entire window.
- Difference between .pack and .configure for widgets in Tkinter
- Difference between "grid" and "pack" geometry managers in Tkinter
- Expand Text widget to fill the entire parent Frame in Tkinter
- Difference between tkinter and Tkinter
- Difference Between Flood-fill and Boundary-fill Algorithm
- Difference between import tkinter as tk and from tkinter import
- When and how to use pack or grid layouts in tkinter?
- Difference between title() and wm_title() methods in Tkinter class
- Compare between options and warrants
- Making Menu options with Checkbutton in Tkinter?
- Difference between Method Overriding and Method Hiding in C#
- Difference between == and .Equals method in c#
- Difference between Method and Function in C#
- Difference between == and equals() method in Java.
- Difference between constructor and method in Java