- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between CPU and GPU
CPU and GPU are processor units. CPU is considered as the brain of the computer and consists of ALU (Arithmetic Logic Unit) which stores the information, performs calculations and CU(Control Unit) which performs instructions and branching. GPU is used to enhanced the images, videos of the computer. It mainly have ALUs.
Following are the important differences between CPU and GPU.
|1||Definition||CPU stands for Central Processing Unit.||GPU stands for Graphical Processing Unit.|
|2||Emphasis||CPU focuses on low latency.||GPU focuses on high throughput.|
|3||Memory consumption||CPU consumes more memory than GPU.||GPU memory requirements are low.|
|4||Speed||CPU speed is less than GPU.||GPU is faster than CPU.|
|5||Cores||CPU cores are powerful||GPU cores are comparatively less powerful.|
|6||Serial Instruction Processing||CPU suits more for Serial Instruction Processing.||GPU is not suitable for Parallel Instruction Processing.|
|7||Parallel Instruction Processing||CPU is not suitable for Parallel Instruction Processing.||GPU suits more for Parallel Instruction Processing.|
- How to move a Torch Tensor from CPU to GPU and vice versa?
- Differentiate between user and control register in CPU.
- Control unit and CPU
- Program execution in CPU
- Difference Between & and &&
- What is the CPU control register?
- What are different types of CPU scheduling and the scheduling criteria?
- Difference between Voltage Drop and Potential Difference
- What are the components of the CPU?
- What are the CPU general purpose registers?
- How to retrieve the Azure VM RAM and CPU size using PowerShell?
- Difference between C# and .Net
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Concurrency and Parallelism
- Difference between localhost and 127.0.0.1?