- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between CD and DVD
CD and DVD both are high definition, high storage devices.
Following are the important differences between CD and DVD.
|1||Definition||CD stands for Compact Disk.||DVD stands for Digital Versatile Disk.|
|2||Size||CD size is 700 MB.||DVD size ranges from 4.7 GB to 17 GB.|
|3||Recording Layer||Recording layer or metal layer is close to top of the disk.||Recording layer or metal layer is close to middle of the disk.|
|4||Pits||CD have single layer of pits.||DVD have double layers of pits.|
|5||Space between loops||Space between spiral loops is 1.6 micrometer in CD.||Space between spiral loops is 0.74 micrometer in DVD.|
|6||Space between pits||Space between pits is 0.834 micrometer in CD.||Space between pits is 0.40 micrometer in DVD.|
|7||Correction code||CIRC and EFMP are used as error correction code.||RS-PC and EFMplus are used as error correction code.|
|8||Data Transfer Rate||Data Transfer Rate is 1.4 to 1.6 Mb/Sec.||Data Transfer Rate is 11 Mb/Sec.|
|9||Channel Bit Length||Channel Bit Length in CD is 300 nanometer.||Channel Bit Length in CD is 113 nanometer.|
|10||Numeric Aperture||Numeric Aperture of CD is 0.45.||Numeric Aperture of DVD is 0.6.|
|11||Thickness||CD thickness is 1.2 mm.||DVD thickness is 0.6 mm.|
- Difference between Blu-ray and DVD
- Difference between CSMA/CA and CSMA/CD
- CSMA with Collision Detection (CSMA/CD)
- Back-off Algorithm for CSMA/CD
- Difference between JCoClient and JCoDestination
- Difference between String and StringBuffer.
- Difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder.
- Difference between C# and .Net
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Concurrency and Parallelism
- Difference between localhost and 127.0.0.1?
- Difference between NodeJS and AngularJS
- Difference between Normalization and Denormalization
- Difference between Servlet and JSP