- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference Between Applet and Application
In this post, we will understand the difference between Applet and Application.
They are similar to Java programs.
They can be executed independently without using web browser.
It requires a ’main’ function for it to be executed.
Java applications have full access to local file system and network.
They can access all kinds of resources that are available to the system.
They can execute the programs with the help of the local system.
An application program is required when a task needs to be directly performed for the user.
They are small Java programs.
They have been designed to be included with HTML documents.
They need Java enabled web browser to be executed.
It doesn’t need a main function to get executed.
It doesn’t have local disk and network access.
It can access the browser specific services only.
They can’t access the local system.
They can’t execute programs from local machines.
It is required to perform small tasks or it can be used as a part of a task.
- Difference Between Applet and Servlet in Java
- What are the differences between an application and an applet in Java?
- Difference between Web Server and Application Server
- Difference between System software and Application software.
- Difference between Application context and Beanfactory in Spring framework
- Difference between system level exception and Application level exception.
- What is the difference between application level gateway and hardware level gateway in information security?
- Creating communication between Java application and SAP
- Differentiate between Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and system calls.
- Difference Between & and &&
- Difference between Voltage Drop and Potential Difference
- How IPC between a user application and an OS Subsystem in Windows?
- Difference between C# and .Net
- Difference between Process and Thread