- Database Testing Tutorial
- Database Testing - Home
- Database Testing – Overview
- Database Testing – Types
- Database Testing – Processes
- Database Testing – Techniques
- Database Testing – Scenarios
- Database Testing – Objects
- Database Testing – Data Integrity
- Database Testing – Data Mapping
- Database Testing – Performance
- Database Testing – Tools
- Database Testing – Backup
- Database Testing – Recovery
- Database Testing – Security
- Database Testing – Challenges
- DB Testing - Interview Questions
- Database Testing Useful Resources
- Database Testing - Quick Guide
- Database Testing - Useful Resources
- Database Testing - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Database Testing – Performance
102 Lectures 7.5 hours
152 Lectures 16 hours
An application with more response time and poor performance can lead to huge problems. Database Load Testing is used to find any performance issues before you deploy your database applications for end users.
Database Load Testing helps you design database application for performance, reliability and scalability. Load Testing of Database applications involves testing the performance and scalability of your Database application with varying user load.
Database Load testing involves simulating real-life user load for the target Database application. It helps you determine how your Database application behaves when multiple users hits it simultaneously.
The primary target of Load Testing is to check if most running transactions have performance impact on the database. In load testing, you need to check the following aspects −
The response time for executing the transactions for multiple remote users should be checked.
With normal transactions, you should include one editable transaction to check the performance of the database for these type pf transactions.
With normal transactions, you should include one non-editing transaction to check performance of database for these type of transactions.
Time taken by database to fetch specific records should be checked.
Stress testing is performed to identify the system breakpoint. Here the application is loaded in such a way that the system fails at one point. This point is called the breakpoint of the database system. Stress testing is also known as Fatigue Testing.
Determining the state of database transactions involves a significant amount of effort. Proper planning is required to avoid any time- and cost-based issues.
The most common stress testing tools are LoadRunner and WinRunner.