- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Array of Arrays Representation in Data Structure
In this section we will see another representation of multidimensional arrays. Here we will see the Array of Arrays representation. In this form, we have an array, that is holding the starting addresses of multiple arrays. The representation will be look like this.
This is a two-dimensional array x of size [7 x 8]. Each row is represented as a single onedimensional array. The initial array is holding the addresses of these single arrays. They are array of addresses, so we can say that, it is an array of pointers. Each pointer is holding addresses of another arrays.
create this kind of array, we can use the new keyword like below −
int  x = new int;
To retrieve an element present at position x[i, j], it will find the address using x[i] at first, then move to jth index in that array.
- ADT-array Representation in Data Structure
- Weighted Graph Representation in Data Structure
- Irregular Arrays in Data Structure
- Array Doubling in Data Structure
- Array Representation Of Binary Heap
- C programs to differentiate array of structures and arrays within a structure
- What is an array data structure in Java?
- Rectangle Data in Data Structure
- Applications of Stack in Data Structure
- Multiple Lists in a Single Array in Data Structure
- Binary Tree Representation in Data Structures
- Halfedge data structure
- Deaps in Data Structure
- Quadtrees in Data Structure