- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
A brick is kept in three different ways on a table as shown in the figure. The pressure exerted by the brick on the table will be
$(a)$. maximum in position A
$(b)$. maximum in position C
$(c)$. maximum in position B
$(d)$. equal in all cases
The pressure is inversely proportional to the area on which the force is being exerted. When a brick is kept on a table in $(A)$ position, the area of contact will be minimum and the pressure exerted on the table will be maximum.
So, option $(a)$ is correct.
- Related Articles
- A girl stands on a box having $60\ cm$ length, $40\ cm$ breadth and $20\ cm$ width in three ways. In which of the following cases, pressure exerted by the brick will be$(a)$. maximum when length and breadth form the base$(b)$. maximum when breadth and width form the base$(c)$. maximum when width and length form the base$(d)$. the same in all the above three cases
- In the circuit shown in the figure, when the switch is moved to the ’ON’ position,$(a)$. the bulb A will glow first$(b)$. the bulb B will glow first$(c)$. the bulb C will glow first$(d)$. all bulbs will glow together."
- A rectangular wooden block has length, breadth and height of 50 cm, 25 cm and 10 cm, respectively. This wooden block is kept on ground in three different ways, turn by turn. Which of the following is the correct statement about the pressure exerted by this block on the ground?(a) the maximum pressure is exerted when the length and breadth form the base(b) the maximum pressure is exerted when length and height form the base(c) the maximum pressure is exerted when breadth and height form the base(d) the minimum pressure is exerted when length and height form the base.
- Focal length of a concave mirror is(a) negative (b) positive (c) depends on the position of object (d) depends on the position of image
- The hanging bob of a simple pendulum is displaced to one extreme position B and then released. It swings towards centre position A and then to the other extreme position C. In which position does the bob have: (i) maximum potential energy? (ii) maximum kinetic energy? Give reasons for your answer.
- Maximum positive integer divisible by C and is in the range [A, B] in C++
- In the circuit shown in Fig. 14.25$(i)$. Would any of the bulb glow when the switch is in the ‘OFF’ position?$(ii)$. What will be the order in which the bulbs A, B and C will glow when the switch is moved to the ‘ON’ position?"
- Three bulbs A, B, and C are connected in a circuit as shown in the figure. When the switch is ‘ON’$(a)$. bulb C will glow first.$(b)$. bulb B and C will glow simultaneously and bulb A will glow after some time.$(c)$. all the bulbs A
- The same force F acts on four different objects having the areas given below, one by one. In which case the pressure exerted will be the maximum?$(a)$.\ 20\ m^2$ $(b).\ 50\ m^2$$(c).\ 10\ m^2$$(d).\ 100\ m^2$
- How will you describe the position of a table lamp on your study table to another person?
- Python program to find Maximum and minimum element’s position in a list?
- Java program to find Maximum and minimum element’s position in a list
- By considering their position in the Periodic Table, which one of the following elements would you expect to have maximum metallic characteristics?Ga, Ge, As, Se, Be
- Setting the position on a button in Tkinter Python?
- Position of a person diametrically opposite on a circle in C++