- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which statement, other than START TRANSACTION, is used for starting a transaction?
152 Lectures 16 hours
87 Lectures 5.5 hours
We can also use the BEGIN statement to start a new transaction. It is the same as the START TRANSACTION statement.
mysql> BEGIN; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec) mysql> INSERT INTO Marks Values(1, 'Aarav','History',40); Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec) mysql> INSERT INTO Marks Values(2, 'Harshit','History',48); Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec) mysql> ROLLBACK; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.04 sec)
In this example, the transaction is initiated by the BEGIN Statement rather than START TRANSACTION statement. Two INSERT statements are then executed followed by a ROLLBACK statement. ROLLBACK statement will undo the changes made to the database which can be observed from the following result set which shows that no new values have been inserted into the table −
mysql> SELECT * FROM Marks; +------+---------+---------+-------+ | Id | Name | Subject | Marks | +------+---------+---------+-------+ | 1 | Aarav | Maths | 50 | | 2 | Harshit | Maths | 55 | +------+---------+---------+-------+ 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
- How to start a transaction in JDBC?
- What will happen to the current MySQL transaction if a START TRANSACTION command is executed in the middle of that current transaction?
- How can a user start new MySQL transaction?
- Differentiate between cash transaction and credit transaction
- What is transaction processing? Explain the properties of the transaction(DBMS)
- What will happen to MySQL current transaction, if in the middle of that transaction, the DDL statement is executed?
- What happens when we use COMMIT in MySQL stored procedure and one of the transaction, under START transaction, fails?
- MongoDB transaction & indexes for duplicate values
- What is dirty read in a transaction(DBMS)?
- Transaction lock in MongoDB?
- What happens to the current MySQL transaction if the session is ended in the middle of a transaction?
- Which statement, other than ALTER TABLE statement, can be used to apply UNIQUE constraint to the field of an existing MySQL table?
- Definition of Transaction in Database
- Differentiate between event and transaction
- Differentiate between transaction and exchange