- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are Python modules for date manipulation?
There are many modules available in both the standard library and the PiPy repository for date manipulation. The most popular among these libraries are the following(in no particular order) −
datetime (Standard library) − The datetime module supplies classes for manipulating dates and times in both simple and complex ways. While date and time arithmetic is supported, the focus of the implementation is on efficient attribute extraction for output formatting and manipulation.
time(Standard library) − This module provides various time-related functions. Although this module is always available, not all functions are available on all platforms. Most of the functions defined in this module call platform C library functions with the same name.
dateutil − The dateutil module provides powerful extensions to the standard datetime module, available in Python 2.3+.
mxDateTime − mxDateTime™ is a Python extension package that provides three new objects, DateTime, DateTimeDelta and RelativeDateTime, which let you store and handle date/time values in a much more natural way than by using ticks (seconds since 1.1.1970 0:00 UTC), the representation used by Python's time module.
pytz − pytz brings the Olson tz database into Python. This library allows accurate and cross platform timezone calculations using Python 2.4 or higher. It also solves the issue of ambiguous times at the end of daylight saving time, which you can read more about in the Python Library Reference.
- What is Python module for date manipulation?
- What are common practices for modifying Python modules?
- What are the modules required for CGI programming in Python?
- What are good modules to be used for Python CGI Programming?
- What are Perl Modules?
- What are the modules available in Python for converting PDF to text?
- What is the convention for structuring Python modules?
- What are the best practices to organize Python modules?
- Where are the python modules stored?
- What are the differences between json and simplejson Python modules?
- Matrix manipulation in Python
- What are automatic modules in Java 9?
- What are the most useful Python modules from the standard library?
- What are the modules of Triple DES Algorithm?