- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can we see MySQL temporary tables in the list of tables?
As we know that we can see the list of tables in a database with the help of SHOW TABLES statement. But MySQL temporary tables are not stored in this list or in other words we can say that we cannot see the temporary tables with the help of SHOW TABLES statement. To illustrate it we are using the following example −
In this example, we are trying to get the temporary table named ‘SalesSummary’ from SHOW TABLES statement as follows −
mysql> SHOW TABLES LIKE '%Sales%'; Empty set (0.00 sec) mysql> SHOW TABLES LIKE '%SalesSummary%'; Empty set (0.00 sec)
The above query shows the empty result set means that the temporary table ‘SalesSummary’ is not in the table list of database.
- How can I see the description of a MySQL Temporary Tables?
- What are MySQL Temporary Tables? How can we create them?
- While connecting to one MySQL database, how can I see the list of tables of other MySQL database?
- How can we compare data in two MySQL tables?
- How can we access tables through MySQL stored procedures?
- Update column data without using temporary tables in MySQL?
- How can we get the list of tables in a particular database from MySQL Server command line?
- Fix Error with TYPE=HEAP for temporary tables in MySQL?
- What happens to MySQL temporary tables if MySQL session is ended?
- How to get the list of tables in default MySQL database?
- How can we upload data into MySQL tables by using mysqlimport?
- How can we see the list of views stored in a particular MySQL database?
- How can I merge two MySQL tables?
- How can we check the character set of all the tables in a particular MySQL database?
- How can we analyze the tables of a particular database from MySQL Server command line?