- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can we check the default character sets of all the MySQL databases we have on the server?
152 Lectures 16 hours
87 Lectures 5.5 hours
The query below will return the name of the database along with the default character set −
mysql> SELECT SCHEMA_NAME 'Database', default_character_set_name 'charset' FROM information_schema.SCHEMATA; +--------------------+---------+ | Database | Charset | +--------------------+---------+ | information_schema | utf8 | | gaurav | latin1 | | menagerie | latin1 | | mysql | latin1 | | performance_schema | utf8 | | sample | latin1 | | test | latin1 | | tutorial | latin1 | +--------------------+---------+ 8 rows in set (0.00 sec)
- How can we check the default character sets of a particular MySQL database?
- How can we display a list of currently existing MySQL databases on the server?
- How can we check the character set of all the tables in a particular MySQL database?
- How can we get the list of MySQL server-side help categories?
- How can we change the default MySQL database to the given database?
- What is the synonym statement of SHOW DATABASES with the help of which we can see the list of MySQL databases?
- How can we list all the columns of a MySQL view as we can list the columns of a MySQL table?
- How can I check the version of MySQL Server?
- How can I check the status of MySQL Server?
- How can we get an idea about the server performance from the output of MySQL?
- How can we take a backup of all the databases by using mysqldump client program?
- What are the different MySQL prompts we have on the command line?
- Which MySQL query can be used with the help of which we can see the list of MySQL databases?
- How can we check the list of all triggers in a database?
- How can we check the current MySQL transaction isolation level?