- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can we get “MySQL server-side help”?
MySQL provides help command to get server-side help. The syntax of this command is as follows −
mysql> help search_string
MySQL uses the argument of help command as the search string for accessing the contents of MySQL reference manual. The search will fail if there would be no match for the search string.
For example − suppose I want to get server-side help regarding INTEGER data type then the command for the same would be as follows −
mysql> help INTEGER Name: 'INTEGER' Description: INTEGER[(M)] [UNSIGNED] [ZEROFILL] This type is a synonym for INT. URL: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/numeric-type-overview.html
- How can we get the list of MySQL server-side help categories?
- MySQL Client Server-Side Help
- How can we get an idea about the server performance from the output of MySQL?
- How can we create user accounts in MySQL database server?
- How can we get the list of tables in a particular database from MySQL Server command line?
- How can we filter data with the help of MySQL subquery?
- How can we get the sorted MySQL output?
- How can I start MySQL Server?
- How can I shutdown MySQL Server?
- How can we get the structure of a MySQL view as we can get the structure of a MySQL table?
- How can we get the definition of a MySQL view as we can get the definition of a MySQL table?
- How can we get the metadata of MySQL events?
- After connecting to MySQL server how can we select a database from command prompt?
- How can we display a list of currently existing MySQL databases on the server?
- How can we check the default character sets of all the MySQL databases we have on the server?