- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Work area, global structure and internal table in SAP ABAP
Internal tables let you read data from a fixed structure and stores it in-memory (working memory) in ABAP. The data is stored in a sequential manner in memory. They are basically equivalent to arrays but dynamic in nature. Since they are dynamic in nature, memory management is already taken care by ABAP. Usually, data read from database tables are stored in the internal table to exactly replicate the database tables.
Work Area refers to a single row of a fixed structure. It is basically used for storing temporary data. It is commonly used while iterating over a loop.
For ex. If you need to loop over an internal table, you can store the current record in a work area.
--------------- LOOP AT INTAB INTO WORKAREA. ENDLOOP. --------------
Here INTAB refers to an internal table and WORKAREA refers to a work area.
Global Structure as the name reflects is global in nature. It is a structure which is created for an info provider and then can be reused across all queries for the same info provider.
- Difference between Internal tables, structures or work areas in SAP ABAP
- Modification not working for both internal table and control table in SAP ABAP
- Internal Table itab declaration in SAP and difference between both the declarations
- Fetch fields from table or structure in ABAP SAP
- Inserting rows to an internal table through debug in SAP ABAP
- Adding rows in an internal table with header line in SAP ABAP
- Usage of subqueries in internal table as condition in SAP ABAP source code.
- Difference between class alv and function alv in SAP ABAP?
- Sorting an already sorted internal table in ABAP
- Difference Between Internal and External fragmentation
- Difference Between Local and Global Variable
- Difference between Types,Types,Type-POOL and TYPE-POOLS in SAP ABAP
- Difference Between Array and Structure
- Difference Between Structure and Union
- Difference Between Structure and Class