- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
5-Kingdom classification was given by
(b) R. Whittaker
Correct Answer: ((b) R. Whittaker
R.H. Whittaker proposed the five-kingdom classification. Kingdom classification simplifies the study of a variety of organisms. It is the grouping in a systematic manner depending on its distinctive characteristics.
It is accepted all over the world as it is based on certain characteristics of organisms such as mode of nutrition, thallus organization, cell structure, phylogenetic relationships, and reproduction.
The five kingdoms are Monera, Protista, Fungi, Plantae, and Animalia.
- Related Articles
- The book Systema Naturae was written by(a) Linnaeus(b) Haeckel(c) Whittaker(d) Robert Brown
- The 'Origin of Species' is written by(a) Linnaeus(b) Darwin(c) Haeckel(d) Whittaker
- Five kingdom classification was proposed by?HuxleyLinnaeusWhittakerHaeckel
- Cell theory was given by(a) Schleiden and Schwann(b) Virchow(c) Hooke(d) Haeckel.
- Whittaker proposed the classification of organisms into?Five kingdomOne kingdomNine kingdomZero kingdom
- Cell arises from pre-existing cell was stated by(a) Haeckel(b) Virchow(c) Hooke(d) Schleiden.
- Explain Kingdom Classification.
- What Is Kingdom Classification??
- The law of constant proportions was given by :(a) Proust (b) Lavoisier (c) Dalton (d) Berzelius
- The law of conservation of mass was given by :(a) Dalton (b) Proust (c) Lavoisier (d) Berzelius
- Name the law of chemical combination :(a) Which was given by Lavoisier.(b) which was given by Proust.
- Taxon is a(a) unit of classification(b) species(c) highest rank of classification(d) group of closely related organisms
- Scientist who introduced binomial nomenclature is-(a) Charles Darwin(b) Carolus Linnaeus(c) Robert Hooke(d) Gregor Mendel
- The magnetic effect of current was discovered by:(a) Maxwell (b) Fleming (c) Oersted (d) Faraday
- In the figure given below .Is \( A B+B C+C D+D Aanswer."\n