- Python Basic Tutorial
- Python - Home
- Python - Overview
- Python - Environment Setup
- Python - Basic Syntax
- Python - Comments
- Python - Variables
- Python - Data Types
- Python - Operators
- Python - Decision Making
- Python - Loops
- Python - Numbers
- Python - Strings
- Python - Lists
- Python - Tuples
- Python - Dictionary
- Python - Date & Time
- Python - Functions
- Python - Modules
- Python - Files I/O
- Python - Exceptions
- Python Advanced Tutorial
- Python - Classes/Objects
- Python - Reg Expressions
- Python - CGI Programming
- Python - Database Access
- Python - Networking
- Python - Sending Email
- Python - Multithreading
- Python - XML Processing
- Python - GUI Programming
- Python - Further Extensions
Why does Python sometimes take so long to start on Windows?
Python is a very popular programming language among the Developers and very easy to understand. Its syntax is also very simple to understand, like JAVA and C. But this popular language has some problems and one of the major problems is that it takes so long to start.
There can be so many reasons for being slow in Windows
Maybe the system configuration is not identical, particular for python.
Malware virus slowing the window system.
Too many applications running on the window system so python is not getting the proper resources.
Slow Execution problem
GIL limits the execution
GIL stands for Global interpreter lock; it is a type of process lock. GIL is part of multithreading programming It allows only one thread at the state of execution. Even if the system has more than one core in the CPU and is working in multi thread architecture. That's why GIL limits the execution time in python. Python has many interpreter like Cpython, PyPy, Jython you can try them all if you want.
Consuming more memory
Sometimes code takes too much memory. Maybe a programmer using many variables or any other data structure. So if we are using too much memory, the compiler takes time to allocate the memory to variables and data structures thus it takes time to execute also it acquires large memory.
In some codes we used many loops to iterate over any data structures. Also some algorithms take too much time like some sorting algorithms. Also programmers may write the same code, which it uses most of the time in program. These time consuming algorithms and repetition of code lines force the compiler to take more time to show the output.
So these are maybe some reasons which make the python too long to start.
And now are some steps you can take to make the python executable fast in your system.
Use a compatible system which has identical configuration for python.
Try to use less memory or use memory efficient data structures.
Write optimized code so it becomes time efficient.
Make your computer malwares and viruses free.
Don't run so many applications in the background if your system configuration is low because it causes more resource usage.
And sometimes there may be some bugs which make it long to start.
- Related Articles
- Why does it take so long to try criminals in India?
- How long does it take to learn Python?
- Why is it so difficult sometimes to say no?
- How to Install Python on Windows?
- Installing Python on Windows
- How Long Does It Take to Withdraw from Alcohol or Drug Dependence?
- How to start a windows service using PowerShell?
- How to start multiple windows services using PowerShell?
- Why does plants take carbon dioxide not oxygen?
- Why does Trump have so many misspellings in his tweets? Is it on purpose?
- Why does the order in which libraries are linked sometimes cause errors in GCC?
- Why do we breathe fast sometimes?
- How to set your python path on Windows?
- Why does the indexing start with zero in C# arrays?