- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which one of the following sets of phenomena would increase on raising the temperature?
(a) Diffusion, evaporation, compression of gases
(b) Evaporation, compression of gases, solubility
(c) Evaporation, diffusion, expansion of gases(d) Evaporation, solubility, diffusion, compression of gases.
Correct Answer: (c) evaporation, diffusion, expansion of gases
Explanation: The rates of evaporation, diffusion, and expansion of gases increases due to an increase in temperature because when temperature increases the kinetic energy of molecules increases, which breaks or weakens the interaction between the atoms and sets the molecules free.
- Related Articles
- (a) What does the diffusion of gases tell us about their particles?(b) Give one example of diffusion of gases in a liquid.
- Name an animal which depends on simple diffusion of gases for breathing.
- With the help of an example, explain how diffusion of gases in water is essential?
- One of the following organism does not depend on simple diffusion of gases for breathing and respiration. This organism is:(a) Amoeba (b) Prawn (c) Planaria (d) Bryophyllum
- What is evaporation? State one large scale use of the process of evaporation.
- (a) What is evaporation? State the various factors which affect evaporation.(b) Why does evaporation cool a liquid?
- What is the meaning of Evaporation?
- What is evaporation? State the various factors which affect evaporation.
- Properties of Gases
- Examples of Gases
- Density of gases
- Write opposite process of evaporation.
- Which one of the following statement is correct in respect of fluids?(a) only gases behave as fluids (b) gases and solids behave as fluids(c) gases and liquids behave as fluids (d) only liquids are fluids
- Which condition out of the following will increase the evaporation of water?(a) Increase in temperature of water.(b) Decrease in temperature of water.(c) Less exposed surface area of water.(d) Adding common salt to water.
- Describe one example each of expansion in solids, liquids and gases.