- Python Basic Tutorial
- Python - Home
- Python - Overview
- Python - Environment Setup
- Python - Basic Syntax
- Python - Comments
- Python - Variables
- Python - Data Types
- Python - Operators
- Python - Decision Making
- Python - Loops
- Python - Numbers
- Python - Strings
- Python - Lists
- Python - Tuples
- Python - Dictionary
- Python - Date & Time
- Python - Functions
- Python - Modules
- Python - Files I/O
- Python - Exceptions
- Python Advanced Tutorial
- Python - Classes/Objects
- Python - Reg Expressions
- Python - CGI Programming
- Python - Database Access
- Python - Networking
- Python - Sending Email
- Python - Multithreading
- Python - XML Processing
- Python - GUI Programming
- Python - Further Extensions
Which is the fastest implementation of Python
Python has many active implementations. We will be addressing its different implementations and know which is the fastest implementation.
Different implementations of Python −
IronPython − This is the Python implementation which runs on .NET framework. This implementation is written in C#. It uses .net virtual machine for running. IronPython can use the python libraries and .net framework libraries.
Jython − Jython is the implementation of Python which runs on the Java Platform. The jython makes use of the java classes and libraries. The jython
code is compiled into java byte code and it is run on Java Virtual Machine.
PyPy − This is the implementation of Python written in Python language. Pypy makes use of JIT(Just-In-Time compilation).
Cpython − This is the implementation of Python written in C language. It runs on Cpython Virtual Machine. The Cpython converts the source code into intermediate byte code.
There are certain other implementations of Python which include CLPython, Pyston,Cython, IPython.
The fastest implementation: Pypy
The fastest implementation of python is pypy. As mentioned above, pypy uses justin-time compilation. The JIT compilation makes pypy faster than the other implementations. JIT compilation lets the source code to be compiled into native machine code which makes it very fast.
- Related Articles
- Which is the fastest Blockchain?
- Which is the fastest-growing plant in the world?
- What is factors which affect the implementation of programming language?
- Which are the fastest trains in India?
- Which one is the fastest between children() and find() in jQuery?
- Which is the fastest algorithm to find prime numbers using C++?
- The implementation of import in Python (importlib)
- Python - Implementation of Polynomial Regression
- In which medium, sound travels fastest?
- How to create DefaultTableModel which is an implementation of TableModel
- What is the fastest way to learn Python with real-time examples?
- Implementation of Dynamic Array in Python
- Python Alternate repr() implementation
- Which is the fastest method to get the total row count for a MySQL Query?
- Which of the following diffuses fastest and which the slowest?Solid, Liquid, GasGive reasons for your answer.