- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which is faster? Constants, Variables or Variable Arrays in PHP?
Constants in PHP are defined using the 'define' function. They are fairly slow in PHP.
There are instances where extensions (such as hidef) were written to improve the performance of the code.
This comes into picture when there are thousands of constants.
Beginning from PHP version 5.3, compile-time constants with the help of const NAME = VALUE; can also be used. They are relatively quicker.
- Which is faster, NumPy or pandas?
- Which is faster, a MySQL CASE statement or a PHP if statement?
- PHP variable Variables
- Which one is faster Array or List in Java
- What is faster: many ifs, or else if in PHP?
- PHP Constants
- Which is faster between C++ and C#?
- Python - Which is faster to initialize lists?
- Which is better PHP SOAP or NuSOAP?
- PHP Class Constants
- PHP Predefined Mathematical Constants
- How to create Variables and Constants in C++?
- Difference between constants and final variables in Java?
- PHP Predefined Variables