- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Where do waste goes from the ships or boats?
Cruise ships are sometimes carrying 10,000 and more people on board which amounts to the population of a small town. When they are set for a sail it will be usually 10 days to one month for a commercial ship to touch the land. Meanwhile, they have to take care of food, washing of clothes and disposing of human excreta for that period.
Not just human waste, there can be leftover food, bottles, cans, cardboard and everything which has to be handled on the land, has to be handled on the ship too.
Where does the waste go from the ships? Into the sea?
No. Ships have a more scientific way of disposing of the waste, more than on the land. They have multi-stage treatment systems that meet the requirements of all international regulations.
They have the water filtration systems using reverse osmosis to prepare the fresh and drinking water, to handle the human waste and disposal of soap water etc., After treating, some of the water is let into the sea and some wastage is stored in the aerobic bacteria filled tanks to be disposed of after reaching the shores.
- Where do I find the current C or C++ standard documents?
- Is it possible to use recycled plastic waste for road building and if so, will it substantially absorb plastic waste from the environment?
- Boats to Save People in C++
- How do I prevent Android taking a screenshot when my app goes to the background?
- How do we count the records from MySQL table where column holds duplicate/triplicates data?
- Where do you like to see yourself after five years from now?
- Where do Jains go for pilgrimage?
- Where do we use jQuery.noConflict() method?
- How do you select from MySQL where last value in a string = x?
- How to specify the URL of the page the link goes to in HTML?
- What is Keratin and where do we find?
- Where do we use $.extend() method in jQuery?
- Where can I find the current C or C++ standard documents?
- Number of Burgers with No Waste of Ingredients in C++
- MySQL Select Rows where two columns do not have the same value?