- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What would happen if there were no Moon?
We cannot imagine our night sky without the bright moon. It adds the whole lot of beauty to the nights and has been the main subject for romantic poets for ages.
Coming to the science, without the Moon, Earth will not have the steady tilt and scientists say that life on earth might not have evolved the way it is now. Here are the top five things that would happen without a moon.
Nights will be much darker. The way the Moon lights up the night sky, cannot be done by all the stars put together.
We know that days and nights are formed due to Earth's rotation. Without the gravitational pull of Moon, Earth will be rotating faster thus making days shorter, lasting only six to twelve hours.
Moon's gravitational pull is responsible for forming Ocean tides. Probably the size of ocean tides would be one-third as high as they are now.
There will not be any eclipses whatsoever. We know that Solar or Lunar eclipses are formed because the moon blocks the Sun. When there is no moon, no eclipses.
We know that Earth's axis is tilted at twenty-three point five degrees. This makes the seasons what they are now. Without the Moon, we may have extreme seasons or no seasons at all.
Thank you, Moon!! You are making our life beautiful and the way it is.
- What would happen to the life of a cell if there was no Golgi apparatus?
- What will happen if there are no platelets in the blood?
- What will happen if there will be no cone cells in our retina?
- What will it happen if stomata would not be there on the leaves?
- What will happen if platelets were absent in the body?
- What would happen if green plants disappear from earth?
- What would happen if earth did not rotate or revolve?
- What would happen if someone eats Maggi all day or everyday?
- What would happen if gravitational force of the Sun suddenly vanishes?
- What would happen to iron railings if they are not painted?
- What would happen if the plasma membrane ruptures or breaks down?
- If there was no air on the earth, would air travel by aeroplanes, helicopters be possible?
- What would happen if Earth started to rotate in the opposite direction?
- What would happen if we run SELECT WHERE columnName = zero in MySQL?
- What would happen if the ozone layer in the atmosphere completely disappears?