- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the use of
tag in JSP?
517 Lectures 57 hours
The <c:url> tag formats a URL into a string and stores it into a variable. This tag automatically performs URL rewriting when necessary. The var attribute specifies the variable that will contain the formatted URL.
The JSTL url tag is just an alternative method of writing the call to the response.encodeURL() method. The only real advantage the url tag provides is proper URL encoding, including any parameters specified by children param tag.
The <c:url> tag has the following attributes −
|context||/ followed by the name of a local web application||No||Current application|
|var||Name of the variable to expose the processed URL||No||Print to page|
|scope||Scope of the variable to expose the processed URL||No||Page|
<%@ taglib uri = "http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix = "c" %> <html> <head> <title><c:url> Tag Example</title> </head> <body> <a href = "<c:url value = "/jsp/index.htm"/>">TEST</a> </body> </html>
This will produce the following result −
- What is the use of <c:param > tag in JSP?
- What is the use of <c:redirect > tag in JSP?
- What is the use of jsp plugin action element?
- What is the use of jsp text action element?
- What is the use of <jsp:text> Action in JSP?
- What is the use of Cookie or hidden fields in JSP?
- What is the use of page object in JSP? Need an example.
- What is the use of cin.ignore() in C++?
- I want to create a custom tag in JSP. How to write a custom tag in JSP?
- How to apply if tag in JSP?
- How to apply choose tag in JSP?
- How to apply forEach tag in JSP?
- How to apply forTokens tag in JSP?
- What is the purpose of taglib directive in JSP?
- What is URL Blacklist?