- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the difference between MySQL stored procedure and function?
152 Lectures 16 hours
87 Lectures 5.5 hours
In MySQL, a stored procedure can be called with the help of call statement. A stored procedure returns more than one value.
A stored procedure returns 0 by default. It cannot be used in SQL query and is based on precompile.
A function can be called inside the statement. It can return a value with the help of return statement and it returns only one value.
A function returns any single value, which can be a table. It can be used in SQL query and isn’t based on precompile.
- Difference between Function and Procedure
- Difference between stored procedure and triggers in SQL
- What is stored procedure and how can we create MySQL stored procedures?
- What is the difference between MySQL NOW() and CURDATE() function?
- What is the difference between MySQL LENGTH() and CHAR_LENGTH() function?
- View stored procedure/function definition in MySQL?
- What is the difference between MySQL ISNULL() function and IS NULL operator?
- What is the significant difference between MySQL TRUNCATE() and ROUND() function?
- What is the difference between SQL and MySQL?
- Difference Between Trigger and Procedure
- What is the usage of “@” symbol in MySQL stored procedure?
- What are the prerequisites for starting writing and using MySQL stored procedure?
- How can a MySQL stored procedure call another MySQL stored procedure inside it?
- MySQL stored procedure return value?
- MySQL stored-procedure: out parameter?