- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Hash Table in PowerShell?
Hash table in a PowerShell is constructed with the Key-Value combination. Each key has its own value, so to get the value we need to refer the Key. We don’t need numeric indexing like Array to refer values.
This is how the hash table looks like.
Name Value ---- ----- EmpName Charlie City New York EmpID 001
In the hash table creation, keys and values are separated with Semi-colons (;). In the above example, EmpName, City and EmpID are referred as keys while Charlie, New York and 001 are their values respectively.
Hash table is the OrderedDictionary, if you check the hash table type, it would be collection of values (System.Object).
IsPublic IsSerial Name BaseType -------- -------- ---- -------- True True OrderedDictionary System.Object
- How to create a Hash Table in PowerShell?
- How to clear all values from the Hash table in PowerShell?
- How to add and remove values to the Hash Table in PowerShell?
- How to add/merge two hash tables in PowerShell?
- What is Cryptographic Hash function in Information Security?
- What is Array in PowerShell?
- What is splatting in PowerShell?
- What is an alias in PowerShell?
- What is the breakpoint in PowerShell?
- What is PowerShell Break statement?