- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is a BPO and what are the qualifications to get a job in BPO?
BPO stands for Business Process Outsourcing. This is a great career option for freshers, whether they are technical or nontechnical students. Here a company or a country delegates or employs people to get non-core work done by experts from other companies or other countries. BPO outsourcing can be two types.
Back office outsourcing: Herein the jobs are offsite and entail dealing mainly with customer care, data processing, accounting, finance or other technical work. This is a non-voice based BPO category.
Front office outsourcing: Here the job is front office service oriented. The nature of the job is to provide customer related services and contact center services and inquiries. This is a voice-based BPO category.
Qualification required for BPO job
For a BPO job, the basic educational qualification is Intermediate or Plus 2, for a nontechnical voice based BPO category job.
Good communication skills and knowledge, fluency and good accent and a presentable voice are a must.
Computer knowledge, the ability to browse the internet, ability to send and receive emails, good typing speed, expertise in M.S.Office is required.
Patience at taking calls and replying to queries, interpersonal skills and good listening skills and a presentable voice is a must.
At the same time if applying for a technical non-voice based BPO job some companies insist on B.Tech or B.Com Degrees as a basic requirement as the candidate has to handle matters relating to finance, accounting, purchase, sales and human resources.
Why has outsourcing become a must?
Business processing outsourcing has become a clever alternative opted to by most countries and companies as it has its advantages.
Outsourcing is cheaper and cost-effective.
Shortage of technical staff or particular know-how has left no other option except outsourcing.
BPO is a smart initiative to get non-core work done by experts. BPOs are very popular both in offshore, onshore and nearshore projects among many countries today.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of working in a BPO?
- The Importance of Convincing End Customers in a BPO\n
- What are the exams to be written in order to get a job in Canada?
- What are the skills in digital marketing that can get you a job instantly?
- What is ghostwriting and what are the job prospects if I embrace it as a career?
- What are the job opportunities in Electronics and communication?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of job costing?
- What is the job costing and its characteristics?
- What are the services of Job Control?
- What are the differences between job costing and contract costing?
- What is the job costing procedure?
- Can I get a job with a Python certificate?
- What are the courses offered to get a PG Diploma in Psychology?
- What are the things to be considered before you accept your job offer?
- When are you supposed to leave a job?