- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is a better Tkinter geometry manager than .grid()?
The Geometry Manager is one of the specific features in the Tkinter Library. It provides structure to all the Tkinter widgets in the window. The Geometry Manager is used for formatting the layout and position of the widget in a Tkinter application window.
To format the look and appearance of any widget, we have three general methods in Geometry Manager.
- Pack Geometry Manager
- Grid Geometry Manager
- Place Geometry Manager
Each Geometry Manager has some features that provide a different style and layout to the widgets. The Pack Geometry Manager is the most commonly used layout manager which gives access to add padding, margin, fill and expand like properties of the widget in the canvas. Pack Manager is the simplest geometry manager for any Tkinter application.
# Import the required library from tkinter import * from tkinter import ttk # Create an instance of Tkinter window win= Tk() # Set the size of the window win.geometry("700x350") # Create a Button widget ttk.Button(win, text= "Button").pack(padx= 20,pady=20, expand= 1) win.mainloop()
Grid Geometry Manager
The Grid Geometry Manager is useful for many complex applications where we have lots of widgets. It works on the basis of a coordinate geometry system. It places all the widgets in a grid such as rows and columns. You can provide a layout to any widget in the application by using Grid Manager.
# Import the required library from tkinter import * from tkinter import ttk # Create an instance of Tkinter window win= Tk() # Set the size of the window win.geometry("700x350") # Create a Button widget ttk.Button(win, text= "Button1").grid(row=0, column=0) ttk.Button(win, text= "Button2").grid(row=0, column=1) win.mainloop()
- Difference between "grid" and "pack" geometry managers in Tkinter
- Python - geometry method in Tkinter
- What is practical geometry ?
- Why is crystallisation better than evaporation?
- What is the coordinate geometry?
- Why is LPG considered a better fuel than coal?
- What is Quantum Cryptography and how is it better than Classical Cryptography
- What Is the definition of Geometry?
- What is filtered coffee? Is it any better than other forms of coffee?
- What precautions will you take to justify prevention is better than me"."
- Why bing image search is better than others
- Creating scrollable Listbox within a grid using Tkinter
- Give one reason why LPG is a better fuel than kerosene?
- What does geometry mean?
- Creating a tkinter GUI layout using frames and grid