- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the main features of MySQL?
MySQL is a system that helps store and manage data efficiently. Database generally stores data in a structured fashion. It is written in C and C++, and it has been tested with a variety of compilers to check for bugs and inconsistencies.
Let us understand some of the main features associated with MySQL:
MySQL is open-source, which means this software can be downloaded, used and modified by anyone. It is free-to-use and easy-to-understand. The source code of MySQL can be studied, and changed based on the requirements. It uses GPL, i.e. GNU General Public license which defines rules and regulations regarding what can and can’t be done using the application.
Quick and Reliable
MySQL stores data efficiently in the memory ensuring that data is consistent, and not redundant. Hence, data access and manipulation using MySQL is quick.
Scalability refers to the ability of systems to work easily with small amounts of data, large amounts of data, clusters of machines, and so on. MySQL server was developed to work with large databases.
It contains multiple data types such as unsigned integers, signed integers, float (FLOAT), double (DOUBLE), character (CHAR), variable character (VARCHAR), text, blob, date, time, datetime, timestamp, year, and so on.
It supports different character sets, and this includes latin1 (cp1252 character encoding), German, Ujis, other Unicode character sets and so on.
It provides a secure interface since it has a password system which is flexible, and ensures that it is verified based on the host before accessing the database. The password is encrypted while connecting to the server.
Support for large databases
It comes with support for large databases, which could contain about 40 to 50 million records, 150,000 to 200,000 tables and up to 5,000,000,000 rows.
Client and Utility Programs
MySQL server also comes with many client and utility programs. This includes Command line programs such as ‘mysqladmin’ and graphical programs such as ‘MySQL Workbench’. MySQL client programs are written in a variety of languages. Client library (code encapsulated in a module) can be written in C or C++ and would be available for clients that have C bindings.
- What are the main features of JDBC?
- What is Canva and what are its main features?
- What are the main features and enhancements introduced in Java 9?
- Main features of Intel 8051
- What are the features of ODBC?
- What are the features of MQTT?
- What are the new features in MySQL 8.0
- What are the features that are added in MySQL 8.0?
- What are the key features of Java?
- What are the hidden features of C#?
- What are the Features of Perl Language?
- What are the features of Preference Shares?
- What are the features of Operating Systems?
- What are the features of data mining?
- What are the features of Query Formulation?