- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are n, bins and patches in matplotlib?
The hist() method returns n, bins and patches in matplotlib. Patches are the containers of individual artists used to create the histogram or list of such containers if there are multiple input datasets. Bins define the number of equal-width bins in the range.
Let's take an example to understand how it works.
Set the figure size and adjust the padding between and around the subplots.
Create random data points using numpy.
Make a Hist plot with 100 bins.
Set a property on an artist object.
To display the figure, use show() method.
import numpy as np import matplotlib.pyplot as plt plt.rcParams["figure.figsize"] = [7.50, 3.50] plt.rcParams["figure.autolayout"] = True x = np.random.normal(size=100) n, bins, patches = plt.hist(x, bins=100) plt.setp(patches, 'facecolor', 'yellow') plt.show()
- Related Articles
- Coloring the Intersection of Circles/Patches in Matplotlib
- Getting information for bins in Matplotlib histogram function
- What are blue coloured bins used for?
- How is the Pyplot histogram bins interpreted? (Matplotlib)
- Pimple Patches: What they are how they work & the Best Brands
- How to make a histogram with bins of equal area in Matplotlib?
- What type of garbage is thrown in green bins?
- What are the differences between add_axes and add_subplot in Matplotlib?
- Wrinkle Patches for Smoother Skin
- Logarithmic Y-axis bins in Python
- What are the differences between ClassNotFoundException and NoClassDefFoundError in Java?\n
- What are the differences between length and length () in Java?\n
- What are the differences between JFrame and JDialog in Java?\n
- How can patch plot with multiple patches be visualized in Bokeh?
- What are reversing entries and their journal entries?\n