- DBMS Tutorial
- DBMS - Home
- DBMS - Overview
- DBMS - Architecture
- DBMS - Data Models
- DBMS - Data Schemas
- DBMS - Data Independence
- Entity Relationship Model
- DBMS - ER Model Basic Concepts
- DBMS - ER Diagram Representation
- DBMS - Generalization, Aggregation
- Relational Model
- DBMS - Codd's Rules
- DBMS - Relational Data Model
- DBMS - Relational Algebra
- DBMS - ER to Relational Model
- DBMS- SQL Overview
- Relational Database Design
- DBMS - Database Normalization
- DBMS - Database Joins
- Storage and File Structure
- DBMS - Storage System
- DBMS - File Structure
- Indexing and Hashing
- DBMS - Indexing
- DBMS - Hashing
- Transaction And Concurrency
- DBMS - Transaction
- DBMS - Concurrency Control
- DBMS - Deadlock
- Backup and Recovery
- DBMS - Data Backup
- DBMS - Data Recovery
- DBMS Useful Resources
- DBMS - Quick Guide
- DBMS - Useful Resources
- DBMS - Discussion
What are different types of DBMS languages?
Once data is stored or filled it requires manipulation like insertion, deletion, updating, and modification of data. For these operations a set of languages are provided by the database management system (DBMS). So, the database languages are used to read, update and store data in the database.
The different types of DBMS languages are as follows −
Data Definition Language (DDL) − Create, Drop, Truncate, Rename.
Data Manipulation language (DML) − Select, Insert, Delete, Update.
Data Control Language (DCL) − Revoke, Grant.
Transaction Control Language (TCL) − Rollback, Commit.
The DBMS languages are pictorially represented as follows −
Data Definition Language (DDL)
It is a language that allows the user to define the data and their relationship to other types of data. The DDL commands are: Create, Alter, Rename, Drop, Truncate.
Data Manipulation Language (DML)
It is a language that provides a set of operations to support the basic data manipulation operation on data held in the database. The DML commands are: Insert, delete, update, select, merge, call.
Data Control Language (DCL)
DCL is used to access the stored data. It is mainly used for revoke and grant the user access to a database. The DCL commands are: Grant, Revoke.
Transaction Control Language (TCL)
TCL is a language which manages the transactions within the database. It is used to execute the changes made by the data manipulation language statements. The TCL commands are: Commit, Rollback.
- Related Articles
- What are the different types of DBMS?
- What are different types of recoverability of schedules(DBMS)?
- What are the different types of schedules in DBMS?
- What are the different computer languages?
- What are Different Types of Testing?
- What are different types of interrupts?
- What are different types of Respiration?
- What are different types of plant?
- Explain the different types of users who play different roles in DBMS?
- What are different hashing methods in DBMS?
- What are the different benefits of using programming languages in compiler design?
- Explain attributes and the different types of attributes in DBMS?
- What are different types of eating disorders?
- What are the different types of psychotherapy?
- What are different types of finite automata?