- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are different Perl Data Types?
Perl is a loosely typed language and there is no need to specify a type for your data while using it in your program. The Perl interpreter will choose the type based on the context of the data itself.
Perl has three basic data types: scalars, arrays of scalars, and hashes of scalars, also known as associative arrays. Here is a little detail about these data types.
|Sr.No.||Types & Description|
Scalars are simple variables. They are preceded by a dollar sign ($). A scalar is either a number, a string, or a reference. A reference is actually an address of a variable, which we will see in the upcoming chapters.
Arrays are ordered lists of scalars that you access with a numeric index, which starts with 0. They are preceded by an "at" sign (@).
Hashes are unordered sets of key/value pairs that you access using the keys as subscripts. They are preceded by a percent sign (%).
- What are different types of data in C language?
- What are the different data types of arrays in C#?
- What are the different data types used in SQL queries?
- What are different types of interrupts?
- What are Different Types of Testing?
- What are different types of eating disorders?
- What are the different types of psychotherapy?
- What are different types of finite automata?
- What are the different types of DBMS?
- What are different types of DBMS languages?
- What are the different types of ISDN?
- What are different types of quotes in Python?
- What are different Identity operators types in Python?
- What are different assignment operators types in Python?