- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Tweaking axis labels and names orientation for 3D plots in Matplotlib
63 Lectures 6 hours
To tweak axis labels and names orientation for 3D plots in matplotlib, we can take the following steps −
- Set the figure size and adjust the padding between and around the subplots.
- Create a new figure or activate an existing figure with facecolor=white.
- Get the current figure with 3d projection.
- Set X, Y and Z Axis labels with linespacing.
- Plot the data points using plot() method.
- Set the axis distance.
- To display the figure, use show() method.
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt plt.rcParams["figure.figsize"] = [7.50, 3.50] plt.rcParams["figure.autolayout"] = True figure = plt.figure(facecolor='w') ax = figure.gca(projection='3d') xLabel = ax.set_xlabel('X-axis', linespacing=3.2) yLabel = ax.set_ylabel('Y-axis', linespacing=3.1) zLabel = ax.set_zlabel('Z-Axis', linespacing=3.4) plot = ax.plot([1, 2, 3], [1, 2, 3]) ax.dist = 10 plt.show()
- Increasing the space for X-axis labels in Matplotlib
- How to hide axes but keep axis-labels in 3D Plot with Matplotlib?
- How to save Matplotlib 3d rotating plots?
- How to change the separation between tick labels and axis labels in Matplotlib?
- Hide axis values but keep axis tick labels in matplotlib
- How to change the orientation and font size of x-axis labels using ggplot2 in R?
- Show tick labels when sharing an axis in Matplotlib
- How to change the color of the axis, ticks and labels for a plot in matplotlib?
- Creating a graph with date and time in axis labels with Matplotlib
- How to write text in subscript in the axis labels and the legend using Matplotlib?
- Change the default background color for Matplotlib plots
- Scroll backwards and forwards through Matplotlib plots
- Show Matplotlib plots (and other GUI) in Ubuntu
- Java Program to set Orientation and split components along y-axis
- How to set orientation and split components along x-axis in Java?